Cybersecurity threats are out there every single day for businesses, regardless of their size. That’s why business owners should lead by example and teach employees how to protect confidential information, like company finances.
Here are four best practices that our business customers have found helpful:
1. Conduct privacy trainings that address the potential dangers from email attachments and Internet downloads, for example.
2. Ensure that all anti-virus and anti-malware software is regularly updated.
3. Keep computers and files locked away when employees aren’t at their desks.
4. Host shredding events where employees can dispose of sensitive work documents.
– Ron Ciganek, Valley National Bank