Many of us transform into gung-ho bibliophiles during summer. For your consideration, how about one of these picks?
• “The 17th Suspect” by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro tops The New York Times’ best-seller list.
• “Let the Great World Spin” by Colum McCann – high on Oprah’s list.
• Cosmopolitan swears by “Lullaby” by Leïla Slimani.
• Thegreatestbooks.org ranks “In Search of Lost Time” by Marcel Proust as its top all-time book.
• Librarians weighed in on bookbub.com, picking “Carnegie’s Maid” by Marie Benedict.
• Want something different? “Holy Sh*t: A Brief History of Swearing” by Melissa Mohr.
– Deneen Bloom, S&A Communications