My grandma always included sauerkraut on our holiday table even though she was the only one who ate it. And, while every family has its own Thanksgiving traditions, we all share certain favorites that are must-haves at our feasts.
To give us a taste of what dishes make or break the holidays, Food Network came up with the most popular recipes for each state, including these Southern staples:
• North Carolina – collard greens, cooked with salted pork.
• South Carolina – pineapple casserole, made with sweet pineapple and sharp cheddar.
• Georgia – sweet potato souffle, topped with pecans.
• Tennessee – sausage balls, a savory meatball.
– Leah Steinberg, The 100 Companies