In 1926, Robert Green bought a lunch stand with 12 stools and began selling hot dogs for a nickel each.
Today everything from burgers to salads to breakfast items are on the menu, but Green Lunch’s real claim to fame remains hot dogs. Served on steamed buns, they come topped with onions, slaw or their secret homemade chili. The popular recipe was added to the menu in the 1960s by Robert’s daughter-in-law Mary, known to many as “Mama” or the “Hot Dog Queen.”
Though eventually sold to the Sikiotis family in 1975, Green’s Lunch remains virtually unchanged today.