The Food Network’s show “Chopped Grill Masters” will be bringing together the top pitmasters from Texas, Kansas City, Memphis and North Carolina to battle for the best BBQ.
Each chef will rep their region’s style for a chance to win a $50,000 grand prize.
Here are the featured North Carolina chefs:
• Melania Dunia – executive chef at The Pit Authentic Barbecue in Raleigh.
• Adam Hughes – pitmaster at Old Colony Smokehouse in Edenton.
• Christopher Prieto – owner of Prime Barbecue in Knightdale.
• Jerry Stephenson Jr. – owner of The Redneck BBQ Lab in Benson.
The first show airs on July 31 at 9PM.
– Leah Brown, S&A Communications