There are some fun facts you might not know about the state of North Carolina:
• We are home to the highest peak east of the Mississippi: Mt. Mitchell at 6,684 feet.
• We were the first state to establish a state museum of art and a state symphony.
• UNC Chapel Hill is the nation’s oldest state university, being the first to graduate a class.
• We boast having the very first mini-golf course, in Fayetteville.
• The Venus flytrap, native to Hampstead, is only found in North and South Carolina.
• We are the largest sweet potato producer – our official state vegetable.