Did you know car tires would last a lifetime if they stayed in a climate-controlled warehouse? But since we use them in the real world, there are several factors impacting the life of your tires:
• Quality – Buying better tires may cost more initially, but extended tread life will save money long-term.
• Treatment – Making fast starts and sudden stops will shorten the lifespan of tires.
• Pressure – Checking your tires for proper inflation will work wonders to extend tire life.
• Rotation – Rotating your tires every seven months may be the most important thing you can do, because tires wear unevenly.
– Anthony Blackman, Atlantic Tire & Service