The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported a record number of deaths during the 2017-2018 flu season, with the death toll reaching more than 80,000 people in the United States alone. It is important to get a flu vaccine because:
• The flu can be more serious than you may realize.
• You can’t get the flu from a flu shot – that’s a myth.
• It is covered by many health plans, and sometimes it’s free.
• Even if you’re afraid of needles, a needle-free option is available.
• Your friends and family will thank you – keep yourself and others healthy.