Labor Day weekend is an unofficial end of summer, and the lure of a getaway can be strong. Luckily, our state has diverse options. Here are a few non-beach ideas to consider:
• Kerr Lake – The state’s largest lake is great for nature lovers, campers and water sports enthusiasts.
• Ronda – Town in Wilkes County features the Music, Gelato and Food Truck at Raffaldini Vineyards event.
• Hendersonville – The Annual North Carolina Apple Festival has live music, arts and crafts, apple farmers, and the King Apple Parade.
• Little Switzerland – Enjoy bluegrass, country and gospel music, and a guided hike to the mines.
– Deneen Bloom, S&A Communications