With a rapidly evolving global economy, the race for talent is increasingly competitive. The NC Works Certified Work Ready Communities initiative, certified by the NC Chamber Foundation, helps a county signal that it has a workforce with documented foundational skills to attract jobs.
• Businesses understand the foundational skills necessary for a productive workforce
• Individuals understand what skills are required
• Policy makers measure the skills gap
• Educators close the skills gap
• Economic developers market the quality of their workforce
To enhance North Carolina’s global competitiveness, community and business leaders across the state must get involved. To find out how, click here.
– Jim Simpson, President, North Carolina Chamber Foundation