HR management is essential for running a successful business, but it is often overlooked by small-business owners. No matter the size of your business, proper HR strategies are a must. Here are some tips for small-business managers to help optimize employees’ performance and create a safe and professional work environment:
• Always praise employees in public, but scold in private.
• Document everything, even if it does not seem important.
• Provide and maintain written job descriptions, an employee handbook, workplace rules and regulations, etc.
• Consider using personality tests as part of the hiring process.
• Continuously encourage honest feedback from employees.
– Haley Pegg, New Orleans Chamber