According to a Gallup study, more than 43 percent of Americans work remotely – many from their homes. Make it successful with these tips:
1. Step up communication – Communicate with coworkers and clients as if you’re in person. Set an auto reply if you’ll be unavailable for a time period, such as stopping for lunch or hopping on a call.
2. Get your tech on track – Have a secure internet connection and access to your company’s VPN and documents you need.
3. Be disciplined – Establish a routine and reduce distractions.
4. Enjoy the benefits – Wear those pajamas and plop your dog on your lap.
– Deneen Bloom, S&A Communications