Being active on LinkedIn can help you build a professional network and showcase your skills and experiences. Here are some of my best practices to help you get the most out of your LinkedIn experience:
• Complete a robust profile.
• Connect with colleagues, classmates and industry professionals.
• Share relevant, valuable content like articles, infographics and updates on your company and industry.
• Most importantly, share what you are doing. People are following you because they want to see you.
Embrace the awkwardness of self-promotion and leverage the events, activities and groups you participate in to show yourself off to other industry professionals.
– Sam Olmsted, Online Optimism, in partnership with the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, The New Orleans 100