Auto Remarketing editor Joe Overby attends lots of conferences and offers these eight must-have items on his packing list:
1. Business cards – For networking and building relationships.
2. Apps – CamCard digitally uploads business cards. Also, check if there’s an official conference app.
3. Handkerchief or stain wipes.
4. Just enough clothing – Mix and match to pack as light as you can.
5. Comfortable shoes and nice jeans – For casual after-hours socializing.
6. Neck pillow – The best airport splurge Joe ever made.
7. Vitamin C – Build up your immune system.
8. An appetite – For local cuisine and for information.
– Glenn Gillen, APR, S&A Communications