The University of North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem has been training gifted young artists in its undergraduate and graduate programs since 1963.
The university consists of five conservatories – School of Dance, School of Drama, School of Filmmaking, School of Music and School of Design & Production.
Among the school’s alumni are many highly regarded and successful artists:
– David Gordon Green – screenwriter and director
– Danny McBride – actor/writer
– Jennifer Ehle – Tony Award-winning actress
– Patrick Bissell – American Ballet Theatre principal dancer
– Sharon Robinson – cellist
– David LaChapelle – photographer and music video director
– Jim Lauderdale – singer/songwriter
– Gwendolyn Bradley – soprano