Although we are looking forward to our lives returning to normal, our pets are less than thrilled. After spending so much time at home with our four-legged friends, it is essential to transition them slowly back to being alone during the day.
• Start leaving them alone for short periods of time.
• Give your pet a safe space where they are comfortable.
• Find new ways to engage their brain while they are alone.
• Look for troubling behavior that is often signs of separation anxiety.
– Katie Householder, The OJT 100